Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Our "BLUE" Dinner

We have a tradition in my family that when we find out one of us are having a baby girl or a baby boy, we have a pink or blue dinner! Tonight (after three previous "pink dinners") we got our first "blue dinner!" Yay!
We all wore blue and just about everything that could be blue was blue!
It was so fun! Thanks mom!
Blue whoppers, blue jello, blueberry yogurt, blueberry muffins, blue cookies, blue mac and cheese...
Blue rolls! It's crazy that they don't taste any different but your mind freaks out a little seeing things a different color!
blue cottage cheese, blue cauliflower in the salad, blue ice cubes, blue punch...
Even, new blue sippees for the kids! Tons of other blue stuff-mom went all out! Thanks everyone for coming to our baby boy's first party!
Here he is...See me in the blue shirt...the big bump is our little man! ;)
The cousins...Brayden (downstairs playing), Luke (covering his face with his shirt), Karah and Alyssa
Here is Alyssa's blue mac and cheese (she can only have the noodles before we add anything else so her's were actually blue. The other kids had green mac and cheese!)
Karah LOVES snap peas and everytime we are at Grandma T's she finds them and works on making a large pile of shells! Funny girl!
***
I am not sure what I am going to do with these next pictures (and the ones to come) but I will do something. One of the kid's favorite things at Grandma T and Papa Howie's house is being pulled around on their wood floors on a blanket and they always have to be carried out to the car piled in a blanket too! After taking the girls out, mom asked if I wanted a ride too because our little guys hasn't ever had a ride on the blanket before.
So here I am on the blanket and _____ is having his first blanket ride with his cousin Luke! (I wish I could announce his name to everyone! I haven't gotten the nod of approval from Shawn yet...) Karah's nickname for the baby is Jet so maybe for now, that's what we can call him!
How fun! Thanks for including Jet! Stay tuned for other things we'll be doing "with the baby" in the next few weeks and months...

10 comments:

To Be or Not to Be said...

Your Mom constantly amazes me at the themes she comes up with. Jet is such a cute name for your little guy. I think it is wonderful that you are celebrating him being such a part of your family. We pray for "Jet" and you and your family that you will feel peace. Love ya!

Erin said...

I know you don't know me and we only met once, and you probably have tons of support, maybe more than you can handle. I just want you to know that I am here for you if you want to talk or just email, and I have lots of resources and ideas for stuff we did while I was pregnant with Charlotte to help feel close to her, etc. We were in the same situation you are in, not expecting her to survive to term, etc, and trying to make the most of every second. I know how you feel. You know my blog, and Charlotte's caringbridge site is http://www.caringbridge.org/charlottegracehayes
and please email me if you want to, callstheshots@aol.com. I'm praying for you and asking Charlotte to watch over you as well.

Kaycee said...

That's awesome! how fun!

Amanda said...

I love the blue and pink dinner idea. I love that everything is blue. As for my crafts, I got the wood cutouts from The Wood Connection. We should do some crafts together sometime.

{M}PG said...

What a cute family you have! Your mom is so cute too. That is such a fun tradition with the dinner. I hope you are feeling good. When do you want to do something? Are there certain days that are better than others? Let me know - I would love to hang ;)

walkin on cloud nine said...

I am getting ready to post some more of the "blue" pictures on my blog, probably this weekend. I love the ones of Lyss with her blue tongue (and tonsils) WOW!
Anyway thanks for coming over....It was a lot of fun!

Robinson's said...

Seriously you guys are so awesome! That is so stinkin' cute! I was going to inquire more about the blue dinner thing when I came over and you told me you were doing one but didn't want to keep you from your "angels"!! I wasn't sure what it entailed so I am glad you posted the pics. I love it, I wish we did that but I would feel guilty doing it now since we didn't for the first two, but I guess it would be fun for the other two??!! And I'm always up for a party, hmmmmm...thanks for the idea?!! I have a long time to decide that though?!
Your little guy is so lucky he really got the cream of the crop when he came to your little family!

The Dennis's said...

How fun, what a great idea!!!

Shannon said...

What a fun idea! Love it!

Nicole said...

I love the blue/pink idea!