Monday, May 18, 2009

Evan Michael Barrett

I want to write more but I just can't right now. I also will try and post more pictures. Here are some though... Here's Evan with this tiny little lamb that Angel Watch gave me!
Evan Michael Barrett lived 27 1/2 weeks. After 16 hours of grueling labor he was born at 2:30am May 16th 2009. He was 12 inches long and weighed 1 pound 12 ounces. Labor was very hard on his tiny body-poor little guy! He is a sweetheart! We will all miss him and we love him so much!Here is Karah holding her little brother! That's all she wanted to do over the past few months so I am so glad that was able to happen! We even captured a picture of Alyssa holding him! We will be having a graveside service on Friday, May 22nd at 11am. It will be held at Wasatch Lawn Memorial Park ( 13001 S. 3600 W. Riverton, UT.) There will be a lunch following the small service. Anyone who wants to come is invited. Thanks for all the love and support! We appreciate it very much!

16 comments:

The Payson Olsen's said...

April~ I know you probally don't remember me from high school. But I just want you to know I think you are the most amazing women, mother, friend I have ever met. My heart is heavy for you and your family but what a amazing thought to know that you will be with your son for ever and ever and ever. Thanks for sharing your pictures of your precious baby boy. He is so special and is looking over you as your angel. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your beautiful family at this time. I Am so glad I was able to get to know you in highschool and met an amazing lady. Take care

Amanda said...

April I once again just want to say I am so sorry for your loss. I love the picture of him holding the lamb. What an inspiration you are to me. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Thank you for sharing these pictures they are amazing. I hope in the weeks to come you will find the comfort you need. I love you!!!

Unknown said...

Love you all so much. I have thought of nothing but you and your sweet family the past few days. What an honor and a privilege it was to meet little Evan. His spirit was so sweet. I know he is an angel watching over you. Much love, and many hugs. Thank you for sharing these beautiful pictures. I miss him already.

{M}PG said...

You really are an inspiration to us all. Your girls are so sweet in those pictures with their brother. What a special little boy. I would love to help on Friday in any way that I can - food, setup, etc. Please let me know. We love you guys so much - our hearts are so sad knowing how you and your families hearts are broken at this time. Love you!

Anonymous said...

April, my heart is broken for you, I am so sorry that your little man had to spread his wings and go to visit Katy. I really wish there was something I could do to help you through this. Know that you and the family are in our thoughts and prayers.

~Bielle and Jason

Erin said...

April, I just got home from vacation and signed in to catch up on my blogs. I am so sorry to hear that Evan has gained his wings. I'm so sorry we didn't get a chance to talk beforehand, and I wish you much love and peace during this time and always. I love the pictures, I'm sure you will always treasure them. Take care of yourself and your family. Much love, Erin

Shannon said...

Oh April- I am so sorry for your loss. My heart is just breaking for you. They changed my schedule at work this week- so things at my house are crazy- I am so sorry that I have not been over to see you yet. Please know that it is not because I haven't been thinking about you. You and your sweet family has been constantly on my mind and in my prayers. I am so sorry that you are going through something so awful- I love you.

To Be or Not to Be said...

April & Shawn, I'm sure your little Evan is pleased with how apart of your family he is. I'm grateful you have had precious time with him. Love Ya, Siri

Natalie said...

April those pictures are beautiful. His little hands in the one with the lamb are just amazing. Thank you for sharing them. I'll be there on Friday.

Ben and Robbie and family said...

April and Shawn-
The picture of Evan with his little lamb is so, so sweet. We are so sad for you, and pray that you'll receive the comfort you need. It's amazing that a little baby who stayed for such a short time could make such an impact on so many people. We are sorry he had to say goodbye so soon.
We love you-
Ben and Robbie
P.S. Hi to Princess Karah from Trey.

Trinbean said...

WOW you are soooo amazing....I have been so behind on the whole bloggin and decided to catch up a little and came accross yours....WOW is all I can say. Heavenly father sure picked the right person for little evan and his story, you are such a strong woman and such a sweet mother....how neat to have captured these sweet memories with evan....just want you to know I am thinkin of you and your little family. I will try and be there for the funeral services but if I can't just know that I am thinking of all of you!!!!

Kristin said...

April I am so sorry you and Shawn had to endure the lost of another child. I am truly happy that families are forever and I know you will get to raise your little babies in heaven. I am willing to do anything to help Friday also, please let me know. Please let me know if I can help with anything else in your life. Love Kristin

Rylie said...

I am so sorry for your loss. What a precious angel your little son is. I wish you and your family comfort and peace at this time.

Love,

Rylie Martin

Anonymous said...

April, I just wanted to let your family know I am thinking of you today :( If there is anything we can do, let us know.

~Bielle

Stephanie said...

April & Shawn,

We are so sorry to hear the news. You guys are in our prayers. You are such a great example to me of faith and I appreciate your friendship. You are such a strong person and I know that the Lord will bless your family for your faith in him.

Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you, a phonecall, German chocolate, anything. We will be coming home in June for a wedding, so we should get together again if we can!

DavidErinDennis said...

April,

I'm so sorry to hear about your little evan. I can't imagine going through that. I'm bawling right now reading your posts and seeing the pictures. You're so amazing to be holding up so well. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, the picture of you two at the great salt Lake, Beautiful and precious, it almost looks like heaven :) I hope you guys are doing ok and you're in our prayers!

Love,
Erin