Sunday, October 11, 2009

One Less...

Wonder what's going on with us? Last month Shawn asked for a divorce. It's been a very long time coming-like YEARS! So we're getting divorced. Now ya know! (Sorry I didn't tell anyone sooner!) We are doing okay and trying to be positive and optimistic... probably moving again... lots to work out! uggh! Applications will be reviewed after the divorce is final and individual interviews will be scheduled soon after... lol ;)

29 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh my gosh April, I am so sorry. Let me know if there is anything I can do-you are in my prayers

Nicole Cummings said...

I am in total shock! I hope you're doing okay. If you ever need anything let me know, we're here for you all.

Tarina said...

Oh, April, I am so sorry. I wish there was something I could do. I have been wanting to call you forever and lost your phone number. Call me. 969-0330

Erika said...

I'm sorry...our prayers are with all of you.

Natalie said...

Wow, I don't know what to say except that I love you and will support you in anything you need.

Erin said...

April, what a year! I'm so sorry. I never really met Shawn but I am sorry you have to go through this, and move again, and everything else.

The Payson Olsen's said...

Oh my goodness April, I am so so so so so so sorry... Your family is in our prayers, I wish you the best of luck... Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you? Again I am so truly sorry.... Keep your chin up your girls need you.... Take care!

Kristin said...

WTF! I can't even believe this, I am so sorry April:( Guys freaking suck!

walkin on cloud nine said...

Ape,
I am so proud of you and the strength you have to endure "ALL THINGS"
You have been a ROCK throughout all of the trials that has been placed in your way. You have carried a VERY HEAVY burden for years now. It is time to rely on your friends, neighbors, and family to help you through this tough time. I pray constantly for your sweet little girls and their emotional well being. I know if anyone can make it through....YOU CAN! Like I have said before....YOU ARE ONE TOUGH COOKIE! I am proud of you and love you with all of my heart. Take care sweetie!

Love ya oooodles and oooodles and bunches and bunches :)

Give the girls a BIG hug for me "K"!
mom

Mrs. Langeland said...

Oh April, I am so sorry to hear the news. How much can one person handle? Know that you are in my prayers, and I am here to support you with whatever you need.

Love you!

walkin on cloud nine said...

life is not fair at times but the Lord has a way of making things right...and as you know I am speaking from experience. behind each dark cloud is a silver lining awaiting you. Before long your life will be happier than you ever dreamed possible. We are thinking of you always and love you so very much.
Love howie

{M}PG said...

Oh man, I had kinda figured from the changes you have been making on your blog, but I was hoping it was just a break or something. I am so dang sorry. Life is so hard and you have by far had it harder than most. I totally agree with your mom that things will get better and you will be happier with time. I love ya and am always here for you. If you ever need a friend or some company I would be MORE than happy to be the friend ;)

Karilyn said...

Dear Dear April,

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh man.

I don't always know what to say, but for now, just wanted to let you know my prayers will be with you.

Man. Feel like someone just reached out and punched you in the stomach?

Please know that what Howie said is true. The crazy thing about life is when you think you have things figured out, WHAM - and it's back to the drawing board sometimes.

Please stay close to Heavenly Father - He will help you and your precious daughters get through this.

I remember when Robert and I got our divorce - people just acted like my children and I didn't exist in many ways, hopefully you will have a better support group than we did. (a single mom of 7 children, 16 years young and under - not what I'd planned on, believe me!)

just remember: you have the best part of Shawn in your children, their giggles and laughs will get you through.

Here for you, Kiddo, I'd give you my phone number, but the dang thing is off right now, had to help my daughter pay her electrical bill this month (priorities, you know? *grin*)

Hugs,
Kari

walkin on cloud nine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
walkin on cloud nine said...

I am touched by the kind comments of love and concern from your sweet friends. YOU WILL MAKE IT THROUGH THIS ordeal, with wonderful people like this in your life. You are BLESSED! Smile and be GRATEFUL :)

Kaycee said...

what? I am in total shock! I am so sorry. I don't even know to say! I am in shock! If you need any thing, let me know. I am sorry.

Shannon said...

Oh April- I am so sorry that you are having to go through this right now! You have been through more than one person should have to bear already. We are here if you need anything at all. Please let us take the girls if you need a breather. You have a lot of friends that would do anything for you. Don't be afraid to use us!! You are in my prayers.

To Be or Not to Be said...

I think back to that beautiful Minerette and dancer and never would've dreamed you would have the trials in this life you have had. You've handled each one like a trooper, being optimistic when you didn't feel the same on the inside.

I'm actually excited for you and the new chapter of life you are entering. If you don't know it, you are going to be VERY marketable in the singles world. The package includes two adorable little girls and 2 angles watching over & blessing you. I only wish I had an available nephew so we could get you in the family. Then you could come to our fun reunions. Everyone in our family is unanimous in voting that you deserve better. Hope true happiness is just around the corner. Love Ya, Siri

Katy said...

April, I am so shocked and saddened by this news. I don't know any of the background here, but I just don't understand how a man could walk away from you and the two beautiful daughters you share. I am so sorry this is happening to you, but I agree with everyone else that has said you have better days ahead! Just hang on until you get there. After your first daughter passed away I remember thinking that God knows your strength, and clearly He had full confidence in you to give you such a challenge! It seems that was only the beginning in a relentless series of trials, and I feel more sure than ever that YOU ARE STRONG. If not, God would never have asked all this of you. Keep your chin up, girl. If there is ever anything I can do to help, I would be ever so willing.

Robinson's said...

I scrolled through all the comments waiting for the just kidding part?...Seriously! I am still in shock. I yelled for Bryan because I just couldn't believe it, I needed someone to confirm I was reading this right? April my heart just aches I can't even begin to imagine what you and your family are going through, good gravy could you get any more crap on your plate?! Geesh! You are one tough cookie as a wise mom once said! I just pray that the comfort of your prayers and the prayers of so many praying for your family will surround you through this all. Wow I just never saw this coming, I am so sorry.

Annie said...

Oh April, so sorry to hear the news. :( Like every said, keep your chin up! Things will get better!

Amanda said...

CRAP!!! I really don't know what to say. I too thought you were kidding, I was waiting for the HAHA FUNNY JOKE part but it never came. You are stronger then I could ever be. I am so sorry you are having to go through that right now. I want you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I love you. We need to get together soon. I know I have been saying that but I haven't exactly been myself for the past year. But I think we could rely on each other for some support. I don't know how you are feeling right now or if you are up to wanting to do anything. Let me know and hopefully we will talk soon.

socstar said...

I have been thinking about you a lot lately and finally decided to try and find you again and now I know why. I'm so sorry to hear about all your trials this year. I know we haven't talked in years (probably not since I moved from Rose Park) but I would love to get together or at least chat with you and have a chance to catch up. Please call me sometime, my number is 801-915-9805.
You and your beautiful family will be in my prayers. Hang in there.

Susie Rampton

Julie said...

April-
I'm sorry to hear about your news. I wish I lived closer so I could come give you a hug. You are in my prayers. Just remember, we are only given trials that we can handle. So you must be one tough woman! Things will look up again soon.

Springer Family said...

April,

I am so saddened by this and in shock like many others. I assumed tonight just from the way you were talking, but I didn't want to ask. You are truely amazing and I hope to get to know you better when you move back into the ward. Please let me know if you need any help with finding a job. I can ask if the company I work for is hiring they contract out with many other companies other than Direct TV. There aren't any benefits, but the schedule is very flexible. You will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Love

Jess

Springer Family said...

I would love to have your girls over anytime. Even if it's not to play with the puppy. Cali would love it! Anytime you need a break I am around and can make my schedule work most the time.

Ashlie Dalton said...

So sorry to hear that April. I will remember you in my prayers.

Unknown said...

April,

I sensed something a few weeks back when I came here and there was no Shawn on the header...or in the pictures along the side. So so sorry sweet thing. I know that divorce is a very personal thing and I am so sorry that you have to be enduring this right now. You are an amazing woman, and from what I can see have been an amazing wife...and I know you are an amazing mother! The person who fills the spot on your application will be very very lucky to have you. Love you so much sweetie...here for you if you need me!

Huggs.

Heather Howell Blaze said...

Hi i was just thinking about you. Sending you lots of love!

Heather Howie