Friday, August 21, 2009

7-31-09 moving

The plan. Move boxes Friday. Move heavy stuff & clean old place Saturday (and Karah's birthday.) Shawn leave for Germany Sunday. That didn't happen! We were a little worried about getting it all done before Shawn left so we buckled down and started right away. Shawn took a load Thursday night and Friday morning rented a 26 foot truck. We got as much as we possibly could in the truck and our truck and went to unload it. I was told to stay at the new house with my mom and start unpacking. Shawn went back and got one more load in the big truck and our truck and the house was empty! Thanks so much for the help! Saturday, he had the helpers empty the storage unit. Then we went and cleaned the old place, handed the keys to the renters and decided to play a little for Karah's birthday (since we spent the whole day working!)
Karah was such a good helper!
Papa Howie came on his lunch break and helped with some of the heavy stuff! (And took the girls for a ride!)
What troopers! As we were loading everything up, I found an old bag of Animal Crackers. Here is my proof that there used to be dairy in animal crackers! I'm so glad they took the milk out, Lys can have them now and she loves them!
Lys was a good helper too! She helped get her bed set up... I guess we should feed the kids! That's why she's crying! So they went under a tree in the back and ate.
Here are some pretty things in our yard!
The girls were so silly eating mommy chicken nuggets (just breaded chicken patties that I call mommy chicken nuggets so they'll eat them!)
We're finally here! And it's ours! (well, the banks'....but it's in our name!)
I had a nightmare the first night sleeping here...I dreamt I got woken up by loud music in the new house and I just started crying because I thought we'd moved away from all that and now we'd done all this and still have loud neighbors! Then I woke up for real and realized it was just a dream! Yay!

5 comments:

Greco Family said...

Oh how fun. Where abouts is your new house?

walkin on cloud nine said...

I love the look on Lyssi's face when Howie was pulling them up the stairs. She has the cutest dang smile ever. Her whole face lights up. The kids really helped out a lot that day. It was so cute to watch them carry out things to the truck. Karah is really growing up fast! STOP HER..... NOW!!!

Robinson's said...

Congratulations on the new house!! I am so excited for you guys! What a lot of work! Who did you get to help?

Kaycee said...

I want to see your new house!
moving is so hard! I wish we could have helped. you guys were out so fast!

veekids said...

I am sooooo happy for you guys. I just wish that it was a bit closer to me, I know that that is selfish, but you are my ONLY sis. I hope you have a wonderful day!!!

Love ya, Dawnie