I know this is out of order but I needed to share my day on Thursday, December 9th.See these beautiful blonde curls?
They are gone.
I mean, completely gone!
Thanks to Karah, the new hairdresser in the family!
Alyssa laid in my arms for a long time with her hands on the side of her head worried, saying I don’t want to be a boy!I don’t want to look like a boy!
Once we got a hat on her she started to feel better and more confident.
Here she is holding a small pile of my hair.
And the first pile of her own hair.
Karah went to hide under her bed.
Apparently, a friend at school got her hair cut in a bob and Karah decided she wanted her hair cut that way too!My feet were killing me so I thought I’d nap with the girls to try to help my feet heal and feel a little better. We laid down together for a nap and Karah got some scissors and started cutting Kate’s hair around her eyes so she could see.Then her pony. Then she started on Alyssa’s hair to see if it would look cute before she had her hair cut (smart girl!)Then, while I was asleep I thought I heard and felt a few snips of the scissors and thought it couldn’t possibly be reality.I opened my eyes and saw a few chunks of my hair on the ground!What the heck!!!She had the guts to cut her mother’s hair?!If I hadn’t have woken up I probably would have had the same cut as Alyssa!The funny thing is I have SO much hair and it’s pretty wavy so I don’t actually know where she cut my hair…I think it was towards the front on the left but I’m not sure!I started to freak out and then I saw Alyssa!
My mom rushed us off to Cookie Cutters in Bountiful to see if they could fix any of Alyssa’s hair!On the drive Karah was asking if she could do this and that when we got home and I told her she probably shouldn’t be asking me anything right now because the answer would be no!
At the kid’s hair cutting place, they said all they could do was even it out a little since it was so short.
We threatened Karah that we were going to have them do the same haircut on her.We were joking…kind of!
Alyssa wasn’t bothered in the least getting her hair fixed.She watched Go Diego Go and ate a sucker and was oblivious of what was going on around her.
We told her to look in the mirror after and that she was a beautiful princess and she was happy!
Karah ended up getting a bob and it’s pretty cute!Her hair looks a lot thicker and healthier!
They let Lys sit in her car, eating her sucker to watch more of her movie while Karah was getting her hair finished. Cookie Cutters is such a great place for kids!
Karah kept trying to tell Alyssa that she looked like a boy but I reminded her that it’s bad enough that she cut all of her sister’s hair off-she didn’t need to make her feel bad about it too!She will always be a girl and a princess, regardless if she has hair or not!
I feel bad I fell asleep and this happened but the pain of my feet has taken a lot out of me and I have been resting more often that usual.Anyways, they should have been sleeping!!I was not expecting this!
When we got home, we found the rest of Alyssa’s hair ( a ton!) that Karah hid in her closet.She had even cut out the elastics!
There was a huge mound of hair. I still can't believe this happened!
In real life Alyssa actually looks pretty cute with her short pixie cut.She’s got the personality to pull it off.She’s getting a few double takes because she’s wearing pink and people probably think she’s a boy at first (that goodness for girl clothes and that we got her ears pierced when she was a baby-for the same reason-no hair…lol)
Karah loves her hair-me too! (Her kindergarten teacher didn’t even acknowledge it this morning-she said she thinks her teacher didn’t even look at her today!Stinkin’ teacher! urrr!)
I am not good with change-or with doing hair so this is going to take a while to get used to but it’s just hair and they are still my beautiful girls-I love them!I am now in need of some hats and headbands though because elastics and even tiny clips will not stay in for more that a split second! Some hats make her look like a chemo patient though and I don't really feel good about that! I think we should dye it pink! Get her some tatoos, black leather clothes... Just kidding! I will definitely be buying very girly clothes for a while though!
I think Karah will hear about this for years to come-I still hear about it from my sister (I did the same thing when I was little…oops-sorry Ash.If it makes you feel better, Ash, I also took care of my own hair the next day and I was so embarrassed at how bad I looked! I still remember how embarrassed I felt-right after my mom took me to Homemaking and I remember spending the whole time in the nursery under a chair hiding!)
IT TOTALLY WORKED! Oh man, what an adventure! There is a great place called Banner Boutique, they make fantastic flower headbands and clips, you may want to check them out if you are looking for something fun like that! www.bannerboutique.blogspot.com! When are you moving back to our lovely little Rose Park!? Let me know if you need any help!
Your girls are darling no matter what! I did the same thing to my brother, but I guess it wasn't as bad since he is a boy. I still think Alyssa totally looks all girl she has the cutest little face and like you said it is just hair it'll grow fast. I do love Karah's hair in a bob, we recently cust Cali's hair into a bob. It really makes the hair look so much thicker. Hope everything else is going well for you and I am wondering the same thing when are you moving back here?
OH MY !!!!!! I can't believe that! You have such a great attitude about it though. Your girls are very very lucky because I would be so mad! But I guess there is nothing that you can do right!?! I hope your feet feel better soon. I don't even know how you are doing it. I would love to help if you need me to come up anytime! And seriously, Alyssa does look adorable with that hair cut - she can pull it off luckily for her!
I am still laughing my butt off! By the way... WHOSE IDEA WAS IT TO HAVE THEM TAKE A NAP IT THE FIRST PLACE?????? What was that grandma of theirs thinkin'! I will never forget the sound of your BLOOD CURDLING SCREAM. I thought for sure someone had died or something. When I got to your room and saw you cuddling up with Lyss and rocking her hysterically I thought some horrible, awful thing had happened. I was looking for BLOOD! Couldn't see any because her hands were holding both sides of her head as she was repeating the words..."I DON'T want to be a BOY!" Once I finally figured out what was going on I busted up laughing and I have been laughing ever since. Memories of your childhood. PAY BACKS! So SO SO funny! Fun memory I will always cherish! Love you so much and I love being able to help you out. She is our little "pixi dust Princess"
April, I'm sorry! I know that had to be kind of traumatic for you all but I have to admit that I laughed my butt off! So much that there were tears. Can I share your story?? That is so darn hilarious. Next time I need a haircut I know where I'm going.... :) Awesome!
I think I would have freaked out. It's funny what kids come up with. My sister makes and sells darling braided headbands and matching bows and flowers that go with them and she's right up there by you in Syracuse andreasbowcottage.com
Lys's hair really got whacked. That side view picture made me laugh so hard. What a good Mom you are for not making Karah feel bad about what she did. perhaps she really will be a stylist one day.
babybangshairband.com or how about babytoupe.com? Just kidding- thought you'd need another laugh!
Pretty funny! Sorry, but welcome to the momswhoskidscuttheirhair club! Yours is a little more dramatic, though! My cousin's little girl did the same thing with her long blonde curls. You handled it so well! One for the bog, I guess! Hang in there!
I agree it is karma!!! You cut my pony tail off so your kids did it to eachother. Why is it that girls want to cut their hair off and boys could care less??? (for the most part) LOVE ya tonz and I LOVE my mischievous girls. Lyssi and Luke are even more alike.
That's so crazy, I don't know if I could have remained as calm as you were. Especially with my hair. No one touches my hair! Ha ha, maybe I will feel differently after Elijah is born. :-) The girls are still as adorable as ever.
April! Oh my gosh- it turned out good in the end, but you have the patience of Job! How are you feeling? Where are you living? I will try and call you.
O'my....I can't believe Karah did that! That is such a great story that you can joke about for years..lol. (maybe when she gets older...) I would ask, "how have you been?) but it looks like your hands are pretty full! I hope your feet are healing well. On Thanksgiving I was admiring those sweet golden locks, too. Hair always grows back thankgoodness.Your a great mom, no need to feel bad you took a nap with them(or you thought you were...).
I just had to share the link to this posting with my daughter, Meaghan (you might remember her from the old Ward - like ten years ago or even seven?)
Her daughter, Caydi (she's the same age as your Lyss) butchered her hair in January, and Meaghan just posted the pictures today~ I came over here to find you post here to share with her, it's amazing how these things are so horrifyingly shocking at the time they happen, then we can usually laugh about it a few years later~?
I am the luckiest mom to two wonderful girls! Karah is 8 years old, loves to learn, dance, play and make things and perform! Alyssa is almost 6 years old now! She loves to dance, giggle, cuddle and be silly! I swear she has diarrhea of the mouth! She loves to do what her big sister is doing and when they are getting along they are so sweet my heart just melts! We have two special angels, Evan and Kaitlyn. Evan was born May 16, 2009 and he spread his tiny wings and flew back into his big sisters arms in Heaven. Kaitlyn was born 03-11-03 and would have been 9 years old in March. She was such a sweet baby! Me? I love digital scrapbooking on my laptop! I'm single and I'm 32! I'm doing great! I love my job at Fusion-io! Keep in touch!
Karah is 8
goofing off before bedtime
Karah at mini cheer camp
Karah-Dec 2010
Alyssa is 5
holding baby Nate
Alyssa at mini cheer camp
Alyssa-Dec 2010
Evan Michael Barrett
Our tiny angel was born on May 16, 2009. He was 1 pound 12 ounces and 12 inches long. (He had Trisomy 18. He lived 28 weeks in my belly and forever in our hearts!)
Kaitlyn Dawn Barrett
Our first angel has had her angel wings for 9 years now! We love you! 03-11-03 to 03-18-03
16 comments:
Hopefully this post works-let me know if it doesn't! I kept getting HTML errors and I couldn't fix them so I just clicked on ignore them...oops! ;)
IT TOTALLY WORKED! Oh man, what an adventure! There is a great place called Banner Boutique, they make fantastic flower headbands and clips, you may want to check them out if you are looking for something fun like that! www.bannerboutique.blogspot.com! When are you moving back to our lovely little Rose Park!? Let me know if you need any help!
Your girls are darling no matter what! I did the same thing to my brother, but I guess it wasn't as bad since he is a boy. I still think Alyssa totally looks all girl she has the cutest little face and like you said it is just hair it'll grow fast. I do love Karah's hair in a bob, we recently cust Cali's hair into a bob. It really makes the hair look so much thicker. Hope everything else is going well for you and I am wondering the same thing when are you moving back here?
OH MY !!!!!! I can't believe that! You have such a great attitude about it though. Your girls are very very lucky because I would be so mad! But I guess there is nothing that you can do right!?! I hope your feet feel better soon. I don't even know how you are doing it. I would love to help if you need me to come up anytime! And seriously, Alyssa does look adorable with that hair cut - she can pull it off luckily for her!
Oh my stars! That is funny. I bet you didn't think so, maybe now it is, but your kids are adorable no matter what!
I am still laughing my butt off! By the way... WHOSE IDEA WAS IT TO HAVE THEM TAKE A NAP IT THE FIRST PLACE?????? What was that grandma of theirs thinkin'!
I will never forget the sound of your BLOOD CURDLING SCREAM. I thought for sure someone had died or something. When I got to your room and saw you cuddling up with Lyss and rocking her hysterically I thought some horrible, awful thing had happened. I was looking for BLOOD!
Couldn't see any because her hands were holding both sides of her head as she was repeating the words..."I DON'T want to be a BOY!" Once I finally figured out what was going on I busted up laughing and I have been laughing ever since. Memories of your childhood. PAY BACKS! So SO SO funny! Fun memory I will always cherish! Love you so much and I love being able to help you out.
She is our little "pixi dust Princess"
April, I'm sorry! I know that had to be kind of traumatic for you all but I have to admit that I laughed my butt off! So much that there were tears. Can I share your story?? That is so darn hilarious.
Next time I need a haircut I know where I'm going.... :)
Awesome!
I think I would have freaked out. It's funny what kids come up with. My sister makes and sells darling braided headbands and matching bows and flowers that go with them and she's right up there by you in Syracuse andreasbowcottage.com
Lys's hair really got whacked. That side view picture made me laugh so hard. What a good Mom you are for not making Karah feel bad about what she did. perhaps she really will be a stylist one day.
babybangshairband.com
or how about babytoupe.com? Just kidding- thought you'd need another laugh!
Pretty funny! Sorry, but welcome to the momswhoskidscuttheirhair club! Yours is a little more dramatic, though! My cousin's little girl did the same thing with her long blonde curls. You handled it so well! One for the bog, I guess! Hang in there!
AH! Way to go April- you handled it much better than I would have I think! Your girls are beautiful!- Short hair and all!
I agree it is karma!!! You cut my pony tail off so your kids did it to eachother. Why is it that girls want to cut their hair off and boys could care less??? (for the most part) LOVE ya tonz and I LOVE my mischievous girls. Lyssi and Luke are even more alike.
Dawnie
That's so crazy, I don't know if I could have remained as calm as you were. Especially with my hair. No one touches my hair! Ha ha, maybe I will feel differently after Elijah is born. :-) The girls are still as adorable as ever.
April! Oh my gosh- it turned out good in the end, but you have the patience of Job! How are you feeling? Where are you living? I will try and call you.
O'my....I can't believe Karah did that! That is such a great story that you can joke about for years..lol. (maybe when she gets older...) I would ask, "how have you been?) but it looks like your hands are pretty full! I hope your feet are healing well. On Thanksgiving I was admiring those sweet golden locks, too. Hair always grows back thankgoodness.Your a great mom, no need to feel bad you took a nap with them(or you thought you were...).
April,
I just had to share the link to this posting with my daughter, Meaghan (you might remember her from the old Ward - like ten years ago or even seven?)
Her daughter, Caydi (she's the same age as your Lyss) butchered her hair in January, and Meaghan just posted the pictures today~ I came over here to find you post here to share with her, it's amazing how these things are so horrifyingly shocking at the time they happen, then we can usually laugh about it a few years later~?
http://themouthofmeg.blogspot.com/2010/05/haircut-pics.html
Here's a link to Meg's posting, I don't know how to do that fancy one-word-link thing that you all do, so that's the best I can do, sorry~
Hope things are going well for you!!
Post a Comment